Orthopedic (Musculoskeletal Afflictions)
We treat every kind of musculoskeletal or orthopedic disorders. Our physios are specialized with a masters degree in musculoskeletal afflictions.
Most common orthopedic disorders:
- Lower Back Pain (LBP): hernia, disc bulging, lumbago & unspecified LBP
- Neck pain & Headaches: cervicalgia, trapezius syndrome, hernia,
- Knee: ACL ruptures, meniscus injuries & MCL/LCL strains
- Shoulder: dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Lower limb: ankle sprains, muscle tears in hamstrings and calves, pubalgia
- Trauma: Bone fractures, contusions,
Osteoarthritis, also known as degenerative arthritis, is often associated with aging. It is a chronic condition in which cartilage and subchondral bone inside the joint irreversibly deteriorates. Symptoms include joint pain and stiffness. There is no cure for osteoarthritis, but with individually adapted exercises we can help improve strength & function and decrease excessive loading of the joints.
The primary goal of treatment in the case of most neurological disorders is to improve the quality of life for patients:
- Stroke or Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Vertigo Disorders, including Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Muscular Dystrophy
Sport specific rehabilitation with detailed examination and treatment of recurring movements and demands of the game. Most common injuries in popular sports:
- Football: “Unhappy triad of the knee” (ACL, MCL & meniscus), groin & hamstring strains
- Basketball: ankle sprains, jumper’s knee, thumb sprain, finger dislocations and fractures
- Running: ITB syndrome, plantar fasciitis, shin splints
- Tennis: tennis elbow, low back pain
- Martial Arts: fractures, ligament tears, contusion injuries
- Swimming: impingement syndrome, neck pain
- Volleyball: ankle sprains, shoulder dislocation, anterior knee pain
Sports Training and Advice
Whether you are an elite athlete or a beginner it is important to follow a responsible training program. It is also advisable to undergo a sport-specific screening to minimize the risk of injury.
- Injury Prevention through screening methods
- Training Principles (Biological and Methodical)
- Basic Components of training (Strength, Endurance, Flexibility, Power, Speed and Coordination & Stability)
The personal training program offers personalized assistance to safely and effectively reach your fitness target. Through consistent, progressive and fun exercises we will work to reach your goals.
- Weight Loss: with a balanced training program and diet advice
we can help you reduce your weight and maintain it.
- Getting in Shape: getting in good physical shape will make you look and feel better. Based on our medical knowledge we use the latest trainings principles to get you the result you are looking for. Intended for men and women.
- Core Strengthening: Core stability is essential in every movement we make. Making sure your back and abdominal muscles are strong will prevent injury and enhance performance. Scientific research has shown that people with good core stability have better golf swings, more powerful tennis backhands and reduced risk of injury.
- Better Back: are you worried about getting back pain? In these sessions we will teach you the right exercises and techniques to help you use your back correctly.
- Body in Balance: repetitive work or exercise creates muscle imbalances which can have a negative impact on your posture, movement pattern and cause injuries. You will overcome these imbalances by incorporating correct muscle activation and relaxation techniques. The right amount of activation and relaxation will ensure a more balanced body and mind.
- Energy Boost: these exercise sessions will help you feel more energetic and active throughout the day. We work with spinning cycles, music, and body toning exercises to make sure you feel at your best!
- Breast, Buttocks & Belly (BBB) Toning: Immensely popular in Western Europe, with BBB we work on toning the right muscles to get you the curves you desire.
Understanding what our back looks like and how it works is crucial in knowing how to take care of it. Back School classes focus on preventive as well as curative measures to lower back pain. Classes will take place every month and in groups of max 10 participants. Each class will contain a short theoretical section followed by practical application.
Ergonomic Advice for Companies
Employees with desk jobs frequently experience lower back and neck pain caused by inadequately adapted work surrounding and poor posture. Corporations are therefore prone to decreased effectiveness of employees and loss of working hours due to absence through injury. Research has repeatedly shown that an increase in employee well-being has a positive impact on cost-effectiveness of a company.
Services we offer:
- Site visits
- Planning of work surrounding
- Ergonomic Training of Employees
- Advice in office set-up
Pre- and Post-Operative Care
Patients who have undergone surgery require special attention to the immediate effects of surgery, wound healing, scar tissue forming and restrictions in movement and weight-bearing as instructed by the surgeon. Our physiotherapists have a good understanding of common surgical procedures and possess the required communication skills to interact with surgeons and hospitals to insure prime post-operative care for our patients. We also prepare patients, both physically and psychologically, to optimal conditions before undergoing surgery in order to regain function as quickly as possible after surgery and thus enhance rehabilitation.
- Prosthesis implants (hip, knee, shoulder)
- Discectomy (herniated discs)
- Arthroscopic surgeries (ACL & meniscus)
- Musculo-tendinous surgery (rotator cuff)
- Ligament reconstruction surgery (ATFL)
- Bypass surgery
- Stent implant
- Pacemaker installation
- Varicose vein removal
Pre- and Post-Natal Care
Pregnancy and childbirth have a very strenuous impact on the mother’s body. Physical and hormonal changes during pregnancy often cause lower back pain, pubis pain (symphysis pubis dysfunction), high blood pressure,… Our physiotherapists can help you minimize the adverse effects of pregnancy and childbirth as well as prepare you for labor.
- Relaxation techniques
- Prevention of hyperlordosis of lumbar spine
- Information about the physical and hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy
- Advise and guiding through pregnancy
- Preparation for labor
- Working towards optimal physical conditions for post-natal recovery
- Pelvic Floor retraining
- Core Stability
- Advise (incontinence and partus-associated complication)
- Getting back in shape
- Diabetes Type 1 & 2
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
Rheumatic diseases affect joints and connective tissues.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Scheuermann’s Disease
- Lupus Erythematosus
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Though we are not able to cure respiratory diseases we can help our patients to breathe more easily, reduce their symptoms and give them a better quality of life such as an improved capacity for activities with reduced breathlessness.
- Asthma: Relaxation techniques and panic control
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)